For billions of people, the right to health remains a distant goal. Since the global COVID-19 pandemic, this goal has become even harder to reach. Poverty is both a cause and a consequence of poor health, and poverty increases the chances of poor health. Poor health, in turn, traps communities in poverty.
The right to health is complex, extending not only to timely and appropriate health care, but also to the underlying determinants of health. These include safe food, nutrition and housing, access to safe water and adequate sanitation, healthy occupational and environmental conditions as well as access to health-related education and information, including on sexual and reproductive health.
That is why we empower people to access health care. We also involve authorities and support health care workers to strengthen the local health care systems. We work through different and multifaceted projects.
in 3 children under 5 years at least is affected by malnutrition
% of people suffer from oral diseases of which caries is the most common
times more mothers die in childbirth in low income countries
Poverty and poor health are two sides of the same coin. We find ways out of this vicious circle.
There is no simple solution to the complex issue of realizing the right to health. We focus on three particular areas: medical and dental services, preventive actions, as well as the strengthening of the public health system.
- Supporting vulnerable people’s access to medical and dental care
- Raising awareness on people’s right to get timely, affordable, and quality medical attention
- Increasing people’s trust in the medical services and reduce fear
- Providing medical screenings and dental check-ups
- Reflecting on and improving hygiene in schools and communities
- Increasing the knowledge about healthy nutrition in schools and communities
Public Health System
- Training medical staff and supporting caregivers to ensure quality of care
- Cooperating with local authorities to strengthen the public health system
- Providing and equipping health facilities with necessary material
Keep up to date with our exciting activities