Education empowers people with skills, habits and attitudes needed in their lives, jobs and societies. However, over 50% of children and adolescents worldwide do not meet minimum proficiency standards in reading and mathematics. In many areas of the world, people do not have access to education and when they do, teachers are insufficiently trained, schools are poorly equipped, lack basic sanitary facilities and cannot provide quality education.
When Covid-19 spread across the globe, 1.6 billion children were affected by school closures and nearly 370 million relying on school meals needed to find other sources of nutrition; this had a catastrophic effect on their development and education, especially the most vulnerable and marginalised.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone can realise their human right to quality education. We give the socially disadvantaged opportunities to learn, study and develop. Together with families, teachers, schools and authorities we improve the quality of teaching and embed healthy habits, solution-oriented attitudes and useful skills.
% of school children do not have access to remote learning programmes
in 3 children drop out of school after primary school
million adults around the world are illiterate, most of whom are women
Severe malnutrition has the same effect on a child's development as four years less school.
Our focus is to ensure everyone’s right to education. We emphasise safe and inclusive learning environments, support the development of knowledge and skills, and strengthen the capacities of the public school system.
- Supporting schools and teachers with education materials to improve the quality of education
- Creating context-sensitive teaching resources (such as board games and colouring books). In Bolivia and Peru we work with our our own developed educational materials
- Providing scholarships for further and higher education in Switzerland to students who do not have the financial means
Vocational Education and Training
- Providing practical and technical skills courses for students and support for people starting out on their careers
- Promoting marketing and management courses to boost business skills and develop self-confidence and soft skills
- Improving the quality of Vocational Education and Training by integrating good practices into the school’s curriculum
Public School System
- Improving school facilities together with local communities and authorities
- Building new schools where necessary
- Collaborating with regional governments to improve the education
Keep up to date with our exciting activities